Could It Get Any More Amazing? Well…IT IS
When one reads the account of how the early church grew out of nearly nothing and then into many churches all over Asia Minor, one can see how the Holy Spirit of God poured Himself out on anyone that had any interest in participating in what He had in mind. It even goes on to say that many of those belonging to the priesthood became believers in the Messiah, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. There are a multitude of Biblical passages describing the spiritual explosion that happened during the days of the “early rain”, but one is located in Acts 2: 42-47. It says this:
“They (the believers) devoted themselves to the apostles teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common, selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
For the last few weeks, since we took our short trip to Jerusalem, I have used the blog primarily for telling the amazing ongoing story of what is happening there through the ministry of H.O.B. that God put us in contact with. I don’t intend to do this exclusively, but for right now it is a great faith builder. In our day and time, there is a great need for this.
I am not going to write a long post because I have been in the process of moving for the last couple weeks, and have one more to go. I do have a nice office set up in our new location and intend to get much use out of it in the days ahead.
I am going to give you a list of miracles that have happened in the last 10 days or so since I wrote my last post:
1. Enough money has been put together to purchase another 1,000 Bibles and as soon as they arrived, they were distributed. Distributing these Bibles must be something like all the people that show up for a shot at American Idol. Tens of thousands want the opportunity, but there are only enough Bibles for a precious few—when one sees how many desperately want one.
2. These Bibles for the most part were taken across the border into Syria. There is a huge need there and the people crave something that gives them hope for a future that seems absolutely impossible to them. Even die hard Muslims cannot tell you that there is any real hope with faith and commitment to allah. Allah is a demon entity and so is of course not going to present anything that offers anything of love, forgiveness, or any hope—NOTHING!
3. The newly trained believers, turned evangelists, went into Syria not only distributing Bibles, but also telling the good news of God’s wonderful plan of salvation. They accepted the message by the droves! Miracles were also happening as a natural and common occurrence. That is one of the contrasts between ministering in a third world country as opposed to here in America.
4. I believe that I told the story of the main person that was involved in the beating of the 70 year old mullah turned Christian, in the last post. He became a believer in Jesus the Messiah, let the mullah’s widow remove two bullets from his arm and feet and then also let her pray for his total healing. This is exactly what happened. It is important to realize that these wounds were serious and can normally not be treated as necessary in a home. God took care of what the widow could not.
5. During the week after this man’s conversion, three of the other men involved in the mullah’s murder also became believers. They saw the change in their friend and also saw the healing of his wounds. They were also taken to the mullah’s widow where they were led to the Lord God, instructed in His ways, and sent on their way completely different people than when they came. They became part of the growing number of believers who had no other agenda but to take the love of God wherever they could.
6. A man approached HOB about going over the border into Iraq. HOB was reluctant due to him being well known as a person that preaches Christianity amongst the Muslims. His friend assured him that they did not have to cross where there were any check-points. Each of them went with 10 Bibles and ended up being able to reach a whole bunch of people. There is now a new group of Iraqis who will form a home church
7. One sad thing to tell that happened along with all the miracles was the murder of eight more believers for sharing their faith. That brought the total to 23—that we know of since our trip to Israel.
8. This last week was even more eventful than the last. I got a call from HOB this morning (the 20th of July). A large group of the newly trained believers traveled into Syria where most of the last 1,000 Bibles were distributed. They had such success sharing the love of Jesus to these people that people seemed to clamber over each other to make their commitments to the Lord. The growing number of Christians in Syria itself is having quite an effect. The people there know that there is very little time left, for at least two reasons. Reason one: They know that the return of the Messiah is now extremely close and whatever is going to be done in the name of the Lord has to be done right away, or it will be too late. Reason two: The Israeli army is within a handful of weeks—likely less, of crushing Hezbollah’s operation in both Lebanon and Syria due to its attack and unending threats. Syria having moved much of its huge chemical and biological weapons supply probably was a factor in its plans as well. Bottom line: Time is of the essence.
9. Although it is not a practice to count the number of new believers for the sake of statistics, the amount of people that have turned their lives over to the Lordship of Jesus our Messiah, is now in the multiple thousands within the last 90 days. It is absolutely astounding! Only God can do something like this. It is an honor like none other to be able to witness this happening. Having a chance to link up with this amazing growing miracle is beyond my ability to describe!
10. I can’t finish without letting you know that this last week has cost another six lives. This is beyond the eight last week, and the sacrifice of so many before them already.
Folks, we are facing the finale. The best thing we can do is live our lives to the max—not to please ourselves, but rather to please our Master. Not everyone will hear the words, “Well done, good and faithful servant”. Will you?? It does not take doing “great” things to hear these words some day. It only takes obedience to the One that sacrificed His all for us. Is it too much to ask for us to put Him on the TOP of our priority list? We MUST!
Please pray for HOB and everyone that he is in contact with—especially all those new believers who are so willing to pay the ultimate price for their new-found KING.
God Bless You All, and Keep Looking Up!!
1 thought on “The “Latter Rain” is happening in the Mideast! Update Jerusalem 7/20/12”
Jake, Thank you for this update , there is not a day that goes by that I do not pray for these brave souls. May the Lord re with them . Again , Thank you for all that you do in the name of the Lord !