DO SOME OF THE BIBLICAL DESCRIPTIONS OF BABYLON IDENTIFY MODERN DAY AMERICA?
I think it’s only fair warning that this is a long post. I have been working on it for a number of days because there are other responsibilities that I am behind on as well, but I made sure I didn’t shorten the content for the sake of the shortening itself, so that more people would actually read it. It needs to be read—all the way through, whether it fits your theology or thinking process or not. I also toyed with breaking it into pieces, but obviously chose against doing that as well. It is what it is. I even just hardly done the editing that a professional would normally do so that I can get it out quickly. Time is passing too fast and I feel much is going to happen in an extremely short period of time. Be aware, and don’t forget the warning here.
What I have shared here is something I feel strongly about. I have read many confirmations of this as well. In this post, I have attempted to show you a little of what I feel is a pretty convincing proof tying modern day America to Babylon. Keep in mind that “Babylon” is used in several ways in the Scriptures, and mistaking them leads to wrong conclusions. Please plan the time it takes to read the post. It will take focus as well, so distractions will rob you of what is really being said; count on it. This took a lot of time to write, removing parts, re-writing, and praying myself through the whole process, etc. With all of the hours taken for this, it is still really only touching the surface of what GOD had to say about it all.
Is it of eternal necessity to catch it all? Probably not, but God’s Spirit had it put in there for a reason. I am, by the way, not the only one that has the opinion written in this article. David Wilkerson was another, as well as other notable Christian leaders as well. So, please don’t discard it all just because it came from someone as insignificant as myself. The content is critical for the hour we live in, or I wouldn’t have gone against the tide to write it. Believe me, sharing something along this line is very unpopular these days. We have become spoiled, and we have lost our AWE of the God we claim as our LORD and Master.
I am going to share some more, hopefully in the next post. I would like to share with you how I believe God shows the demise of this once great nation. There is a sequence of events that we should pay attention to, even if we don’t understand it all—or even if we believe in all of the detail. That doesn’t worry me. What worries me is that we underestimate God’s straight-forward statement of where we are at in our relationship with Him as His very soon Bride! We are still full of spots and wrinkles! Most of us are still hanging around the brazen altar pictured in the Old Testament, which is what only initiates us in our relationship with our God. That is only the very beginning, and yet that is where most of us are more than satisfied to spend our time “sun-tanning” ourselves in God’s Presence, so we look good to others, and hopefully impress God! We need to be at the Golden Altar of Incense, which is in the “Holy Place”—right in front of the old veil that has the “Holy of Holies” right behind–and the actual physical Presence of God. Are we ready for that? Are YOU ready for that? MAKE SURE! It is not a question of your salvation experience as much as the depth that causes you to worship Him, just because of Who He Is, and Because of His Love.
So, this is why I have gone ahead and written this long article. I really don’t think you will regret it if you read it all the way through.
For those that don’t take much time to read the Bible, it may feel like a chore; a duty that one does in order to avoid hell. That of course is not what really impresses God, nor is it what keeps a person out of hell. The Bible has been given to us for use as a roadmap and guide through this temporary pass-through on our way to our eternal destination.
The Bible, for those that have taken the time to go beyond what they feel as their “duty”, is actually fascinating. It is of course going to bring a myriad of questions to mind as you take the time to read and really focus on what it is saying. It will also challenge our human intellect. The Bible provides a huge amount of history that is critical to our understanding of what it is all about. There is also a considerable amount of poetry, lyrics to music sung in Biblical times, love stories, biographies of many people, who lived God-inspired lives and others quite evil. The Holy Scriptures are also full of flawless predictions of future events. For those that are not aware, the Bible is the ONLY flawless source of foretelling of the future, in great detail I might add. All other sources of predictions are left looking like pretend “prophets” did the predicting.
Some things in the Bible are very easy to understand. Others take a lot of digging. Since I committed my life to Jesus Christ 59 years ago as a child, I have found that the Word of God is like a gold mine. I have spent much time finding the treasures within, but if I had it to do over again, I would study a whole lot more, and pray a great deal more. I watched an interview between Greta of Fox News and Billy Graham which was recorded last December, 2010, and he said the very same thing. What he said impacted me, and I agreed. If you have not found how fascinating this inspired Book is, I heartedly invite you to ask your Creator God to begin to open it up to you. Don’t give up after a measly five minute half-hearted try! He will answer your prayer if you really are serious in your request. For me, the older I get, the more fascinating it is. So many things in Scripture that on the outside appear to contradict themselves, are cleared up when a person does their due diligence, along with the help of God’s Spirit which really is the One that opens the Word up for us to understand.
The reason I say this at the beginning of part 2 of the subject of America in the Scriptures is because many things that we would love to be really obvious in the Bible, just are not so. God has had the Book written in a way that is absolutely accurate, but not always making everything all that obvious to see. So, if we want an answer, we have to go after it. This is the case with much of prophecy. This is also a reason why so many Christian pastors and teachers avoid the subject of prophecy and how it proves we have been positioned in this time slot by God, and for His own purposes. There are many varied opinions on how some things are interpreted. But, does that mean we should run away from it—especially in light of the critical days we are living in? I would think it would be just the opposite. Yet, it is a small percentage of leaders that will approach the subject with any depth. BIG MISTAKE! We don’t avoid most other controversies, like the well known debate about whether grace or works are more important in the Christian life. Others argue about whether there are any true apostles or prophets in our time. Then there are those that argue the subject of the Trinity. Of course, churches have even split over whether a person should be immersed at their baptism or if sprinkling is sufficient. We enthusiastically jump right into these subjects, yet prophecy…most would rather just stay clear.
That brings me back full circle to the subject at hand: AMERICA in Scripture. Is it there? I believe it is. Below, are descriptions of a nation or empire that does not fit any nation in past history, nor in our world today—except for one. Different items of the descriptions below might fit one entity or another, but when putting them all together, only one fits the bill, The United States of America. I find a Scripture in Proverbs rather interesting in light of what it is that we want to find. Proverbs 25: 2 says, “It is the glory of God to conceal a matter.” That is particularly frustrating to most of us, but God is God and He is not going to adjust His way of doing things based on human definitions of what is “fair”. If we want Him, we need to pursue Him. If we want to understand more from the Scriptures, we should start pursuing the truths imbedded in what is written. It was put there for us to go after just like miners digging for gold.
Babylon is spoken of quite a lot in Scripture. Not all things said about Babylon have to do with the same entity. There is Babylon, Mystery Babylon, Daughter of Babylon, ancient Babylonia with its infamous King Nimrod and so on. Common sense does not allow all to be put in the same basket. History records the empire of Babylon, with its most recognizable king, Nebuchadnezzar, and of course Belshazzar his grandson who was king when the empire was defeated by the Medes and Persians. Mystery Babylon is purposely made distinct from the empire, Babylon. We have an empire, there is a religious system, there is also Babylon as it is used by God prophetically. As said before, prophetic statements foretelling the future is nearly always in layers. As one does their due diligence, one layer after another is opened up, pretty much like peeling an onion or maybe an artichoke. America is referred to in Scripture by many of the things said, using the name, Babylon.
I will go into more detail in other posts to present increasing evidence that America was not at all forgotten in Biblical prophecy. For this post, I will have to list some of the markers that God has seen fit to leave in Scripture so that we don’t miss the references to this once great and Godly nation.
Large, wealthy nation: There has never been a nation like the United States of America. People from over the world would give their eye-teeth to be granted the okay to immigrate to this nation. One does not hear of the “Russian Dream”, or the “Chinese dream”, or any other kind of dream. America is the #1 desired destination. One of the reasons is because of its wealth, and its size so as to be a great nation that other powers need to reckon with. Jeremiah 51: 13,14 says, “You who live by many waters and are rich in treasures, your end has come, the time for you to be cut off. The Lord Almighty has sworn by Himself. I will surely fill you with men as with a swarm of locusts and they will shout in triumph over you.”
Another Scripture found in the book of Revelation, chapter 18: 16-19 says this, “…Woe! Woe!, O great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls! In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin! Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, ‘Was there ever a city like this great city? Woe! Woe, O great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin!” NOTE: It should be mentioned here that Rome is another city that many have seen as eligible for this destruction. Some of the characteristics certainly fit Rome. It should also be mentioned that the word used is “city”, not nation or empire, etc. Yet, the descriptions of this “city” are much bigger than what could be attributed to any city of our time or any time back in history. It is probably worth mentioning at this point that many have had visions and dreams of huge fires all over America. George Washington himself saw visions of this way back in his day. What a perplexing thing that must have been for him since he was such an important instrument in the formation of this great nation.
• Unparalleled Militarily Superpower: No nation, empire, or even aligned powers in the history of the world as we know it has been able to even come close to the overwhelming force that the United States of America can bring to bear against an enemy. This power was certainly on display in WWI and WWII. America’s advances in weaponry and specialized war equipment has been multiplied exponentially since then though. Iraq’s Hussein found out what a fool he was with his bellicose grandstanding when he threatened to unleash the “mother of all wars” in his response to America’s military invasion when he had his million man army moving and threatening both Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.
There has never been such a military in the history of mankind. God however, certainly was not not caught off guard. Just the air-craft carriers alone are enough to give pause to any potential enemy. Then there are the stealth fighters, bombers, and now even helicopters it seems. But…the military landscape is changing, and quite quickly. Jeremiah 50: 22 & 23 is a scripture that shows the re-alignment of the balance of world power in the very days we are living in: “The noise of battle is in the land, the noise of great destruction! How broken and shattered is the hammer of the whole earth! How desolate is Babylon among the nations!” Some of the events bringing this end result about will very possibly begin this very year—2011! Don’t put your trust in man’s strength, nor the military might of the US!
• Blessed with an absolute wealth of natural resources (whether they have been tapped or not!) Jeremiah 50: 37b says this: “…a sword against her treasures! They will be plundered!” Another obvious reference is found in Jeremiah 51: 13: “You who live by many waters and are rich in treasures, your end has come, the time for you to be cut off. The LORD Almighty has sworn by Himself. I will surely fill you with men as with a swarm of locusts, and they will shout in triumph over you.”
For those of us that live in this great and powerful nation, this is a disturbing picture, to say the least. It is not something we want to hear or read. It is the kind of thing we’d rather ignore as far as having anything to do with us as Americans, and apply to a lesser nation—but that is foolish as the ostrich putting its head in the sand at any sign of danger! Will it go away? Hardly! God gave us a brain, in fact a brain that is capable of deducing facts…
• Nation blessed with luxurious wealth, culture known the world over, and industry without equal: The United States is a prime example of how God blesses those that bless Israel. The blessings are also freely given when a nation, or individual for that matter, makes God the #1 priority. God has been very good to America, but is now taking all of these blessings away due to disobedience and wickedness and rebellion.
• When reading Revelation 18: 14-22, this is what we find: “They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your riches and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn and cry out: ‘Woe! Woe, O great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’ Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea will stand far off. When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, ‘Was there ever a city like this great city?’ They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out: ‘Woe! Woe, O great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In ne hour she has been brought to ruin! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she treated you.’ Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said: “With such violence the great city of Babylon will be thrown down, never to be found again. The music of harpists and musicians, flute players and trumpeters, will never be heard in you again”
An Old Testament scripture refers to this same thing: “Babylon was a gold cup in the LORD’s hand; she made the whole earth drunk. The nations drank her wine, therefore they have now gone mad.” (Jeremiah 51:7 NIV) I included a fairly long passage of Scripture to back this point, but as you can see, this Scriptural description of Babylon is much more inclusive that just the limited Babylon of ancient times.
• Land of the “Whirring” Wings: Now, this is certainly an interesting description! There are different ways that this can be taken, but here is what it says in the Amplified version of the Scriptures: “Woe to the land whirring with wings which is beyond the rivers of Cush or Ethiopia…” I’m sure not everyone is going to agree on this, and I’m not offended if people don’t, but the deeper I look into this passage, the less restrictive the meaning seems to be. “Whirring” wings could be the sound of locusts, or any number of natural means of making the sound described here by Isaiah.
It could also however have a mechanical source of the sound. Even though there were numbers of people throughout history that attempted to find means of man being able to fly, it was the American Wright brothers that finally pulled it off officially and had it verified by official means as well.
Since that very primitive and quite short flight, the United States has built the largest and most successful airline industry in the world. This has also made it possible for the military of the US to build the most sophisticated and formidable fighter jets, bombers, spy planes, remote control drones, and of course all of the most feared technologically advanced weaponry for these incredible planes to carry. This single item, if it were to stand alone, as the differentiation that sets America apart from all others today would not mean much. When stacked up with all of the other items, it makes for a pretty convincing argument.
• Ambassadors are sent all over the world: The United States of America undoubtedly has more ambassadors in more countries of the world than any other nation. Regardless of whether the nation our consulate is in likes or hates us, they do all pay attention to the power and influence the US carries around the world. This has been the case for a number of decades now. Regardless of an abundance of threats around the world, particularly from Islamic nations, America still holds great sway when it comes to decisions made that hold international significance.
There has never been a nation, or empire with as much influence and “arm-twisting ability as the United States of America.
I find another important point in this first verse of Isaiah 18. It speaks of location. Most feel that the location of whomever this entity really is, is located right there at the NE corner of the continent of Africa. I for one, disagree. In my reading how this reads in the numerous versions of the Bible, I find the wording in the Amplified Bible to be intriguing. It says this, “Woe to the land whirring with wings which is beyond the rivers of Cush or Ethiopia.” To me this says that it could very well be a nation that is not only in the distant future in Isaiah’s time, but also in a location that is a great distance away at the time that Isaiah wrote this interesting passage. The world of Isaiah was pretty small relative to what it is today. The New World had not even been discovered yet. Everything of any significance was found in the Eastern Hemisphere. To even suggest anything contrary would have been laughable then, I suspect.
• Land bordered by many waters: There are quite a number of nations that have considerable ocean coastlines—some even surrounded, like Japan and Indonesia. But take a look at what is said in Jeremiah 51: 13: “You who live by many waters and are rich in treasures…” This is also obvious with Australia, New Zealand and many other locations. Yet, in order to find the identity of the great nation that includes all of the characteristics given by even just the two portions of Scripture presented in this article, the possible eligible nations has been narrowed considerably; in fact, it only leaves one: the United States of America.
Through American history it has always been a national temptation to become an isolationist empire. America however, has always done the opposite and put itself in a place of dealing with other nations of the earth. This has not always been a bad thing, but it has also brought major challenges. But, back to the fact that America is pretty much surrounded by water, it has six major bodies of water on its coastlines, and this does not include the Great Lakes, which most do not realize the great size of. The bodies of water are these: The Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, and of course the Gulf of Mexico, which surround the “lower 48.” Alaska is surrounded by the Arctic Ocean, the Beaufort Sea, and the Gulf of Alaska. Hawaii is a series of seven islands that appear as no more than the tips of needles poking up out of the massive Pacific Ocean.
I am a person that believes the Bible to be absolutely true, literally. There are some passages however that are clearly not meant to be seen as literal. They are quite rare though, and that is very important to understand if a person is going to be successful in their understanding of the Scriptures. The worst distortions presented when attempting to explain difficult or challenging Scriptures are because allegorical applications are accepted as “Gospel truth”, where it doesn’t belong. Theologians love explaining Scriptures allegorically because there is no limit to how far from Scriptural reality a person can wander. That also happens to make a person look really “deep” and intelligent. That was one of the despicable characteristics of the Scribes and Pharisees in Jesus’ day!
Well, I said all that just to say that Iraq’s Babylon does not have anywhere near the access to water on their coastlines as the US does. It becomes quite clear that Scripture is referring to another nation entirely. In addition to the Scripture in Jeremiah showing this modern day Babylon being nearly surrounded by water, it is also confirmed by Isaiah, and of course Revelation chapters 17 and 18.
• Hammer of the whole earth: This once again refers to the overwhelming power that the United States of America can call to bear on numerous enemies, all at the same time. It indicates more than that though. When I read and re-read this, I couldn’t help thinking how often America has been described as the “policeman” of the whole earth. The demands of this type of power, especially if embodied in a single nation appears to answer to many global needs. When one thinks of all the two-bit dictators defying normal common sense laws that used to govern most nations, it isn’t hard to see the effectiveness of a carrier group like the “Ronald Reagan” or any of the other 12 or so aircraft carriers showing up within sight of one of these dictator’s palatial hot tubs. It changes minds in short order. But, it isn’t like it used to be for many of these leaders. Some of them have a literal “death-wish” because that is how they believe they will fulfill their nefarious destiny!
Mahmoud Ahmadinenutjob is the most notorious of these and feels the call to start WWIII! For those that are not aware, this fanatic feels that the true Muslim Messiah will not make his appearance until the world is in total chaos and upheaval. It is his goal to do as much as possible to help that to happen. The US has now sent a number of carrier groups within easy eye-sight off the coast of Iran, but that has had no effect at all, at least to this point.
The United States is also involved in numerous conflicts beyond Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya that the American public is not informed of. The US military has special ops interventions going on around the globe, but only an elite group of individuals have access to the information. Yes, America has fulfilled the role of “The Hammer of the Whole Earth”, but that has been compromised for some time now, and Scripture will be fulfilled—absolutely.
• Land divided by rivers: For those that have any knowledge of the basic geography of the earth, it is obvious that God has designed the earth with many great rivers. Some of the most recognized, at least here in the US are the Nile, Amazon, Congo, Yangtze, Thames, McKenzie (Canada), Danube, Volga, Niger, Mekong, Ural, Rhine, Euphrates, Tigris, and so on.
Then of course we have those that divide up our own nation. Most of us have heard or read about these famous rivers: The Columbia, Sacramento, San Juaquin, Colorado, Red, Rio Grande, Snake, Missouri, Mississippi, Illinois, Tennessee, Chattahoochee, Connecticut, Arkansas, Platte, Pecos, Gila, Green, and Yellowstone rivers, plus a lot more. There is not another nation on earth that is so defined and divided up as America with its rivers—not even Russia, China, India, or Australia. The settlers and frontiersmen found this new land to be nearly a heaven on earth because of its water systems. It is interesting, to say the least, that the God of the Bible would see fit to specify this as one of the descriptions of this last days nation. There are no comparisons on this earth that even come close.
Here is what Isaiah had to say about this last days nation: “…Go swift messengers, to a people tall and smooth-skinned, to a people feared far and wide, an aggressive nation of strange speech, who’s land is divided by rivers.” I’ll cover the other descriptions of this unique nation, but notice how God had Isaiah describe this nation as being divided by rivers. It would be quite interesting to do more research on this because I’m sure that there would be a surprising wealth of special information revealed that goes beyond the obvious. I’ll bet there is someone out there reading this that would do just that.
I have found that the Bible is so very exact, that every word, every placement of the word, every phrase is done exactly as God wanted, even though each writer had no idea of the preciseness of it all. They just obeyed the voice of the Spirit of God they came to recognize so well. That’s the way we need to recognize God’s voice too, but it takes a great deal of sacrifice in time, rearranging our priorities, and absolute obedience to the ONE that paid for our freedom. By the way, He loves to provide us these fascinating things…
• Merchants sent to every part of the earth: “As the United States grew in power, and as its system of government allowed people to be free so they could succeed in following the “American Dream”, and as the nation also fulfilled its mission to evangelize the entire earth, among other things, its industrial power grew. America became the exporter of everything imaginable. With its ability to get the products delivered around the globe, the whole world for the most part, had access to what the manufacturers of this great nation produced.
One of the sad things has become the sabotaging of America’s industrial and manufacturing might. Here is what Scripture says about this end-time manufacturing and exporting giant: “Woe! Woe, O great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin! Rejoice over her, O heaven! Rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets! God has judged her for the way she treated you.” Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said: “With such violence the great city of Babylon will be thrown down, never to be found again. The music of harpists and musicians, flute players and trumpeters will never be heard in you again. No workman of any trade will ever be found in you again. The sound of a millstone will never be heard in you again. The light of a lamp will never shine in you again. The voice of bridegroom and bride will never be heard in you again. Your merchants were the world’s great men. By your magic spell all the nations were led astray.” (Revelation 18:19b-23) It would be hard for anyone to say that this passage of Scripture is not pretty explicit in its descriptions. All of these points as well as Scriptures that go with them are worth taking whatever time necessary to understand. God will honor the time taken.
• Importing nation: Most nations don’t just export goods, but they import just as well. As it turns out, not only is this mysterious end-times nation a major exporter, but heavy importer as well. Here is what is said in Revelation 17, starting at verse 9 (Amplified Version), “The rulers and leaders of the earth who joined her in her immorality (idolatry), and luxuriated with her will beat their breasts and lament over her when they see the smoke of her conflagration. They will stand a long way off, in terror of her torment, and they will cry, ‘Woe and alas, the great city, the mighty city, Babylon! In one single hour how your doom (judgment) has overtaken you! And earth’s businessmen will weep and grieve over her because no one buys their freight (cargo) any more. Their merchandise is of gold, silver, precious stones, and pearls; of fine linen, purple, silk, and scarlet (stuffs); all kinds of scented wood, all sorts of articles of ivory, all varieties of objects of costly woods, bronze, iron, and marble; of cinnamon, spices, incense, ointment and perfume, and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, fine flour and conveyances; and of slaves (the bodies) and souls of men! The ripe fruits and delicacies for which your soul longed have gone from you, and all your luxuries and dainties, your elegance and splendor are lost to you, never again to be recovered or experienced! The dealers who handled these articles, who grew wealthy through their business with her, will stand a long way off, in terror of her doom and torment, weeping and grieving aloud, and saying, ‘Alas, alas for the great city that was robed in fine linen, in purple and scarlet, bedecked and glittering with gold, with precious stones, and with pearls! Because in one single hour all the vast wealth has been destroyed (wiped out). And all ship captains and pilots, navigators and all who live by seafaring, the crews and all who ply their trade on the sea, stood a long way off, and exclaimed as they watched the smoke of her burning. What city could be compared to the great city…’”
I purposely typed the entire passage through verse 18 in order to show the vast wealth involved, as well as the unimaginable amount of loss. This shows that both the export and import business of this “very great city” was no small thing. It in fact caused an economic collapse that brought the entire world economy down. Even though Rome does appear to fit some of the descriptions included in these verses, it does not come close to having the enormous economic clout to bring the whole world system down. The economy of the United States however, does.
Just for the sake of information, the economic downturn we experienced in the US at the end of ’08 and then ‘09, which in turn encircled the globe was just a precursor of what is ahead. The real economic collapse is at the door and we are staring it in the eyeball. The greatest economic minds on the planet have been warning of this for a handful of years now, and they keep reaffirming that we will have very little, if any warning. Their belief is that it has been planned this way, and with the limited knowledge I have gained, I believe they are right. If people were warned, what would be the reason for paying our taxes? What would stop total chaos from erupting? The polite warnings in ’08 given by those in the know” have now become shouts.
The economic policies that have since been put in place (since ’08) have only ensured that there is no way to avoid a complete financial collapse of the United States financial system. You say “conspiracy”? Not this time! The United States needs to collapse in order for the New World Order to take over the governance of the world. This is the well planned process to bring about the plans of a very small grouping of people in this world that happen to control the money-flow in the world, and are also the “King-makers”. This is not a guess, not a conspiracy, but fact. The Book of Revelation backs this with God’s own predictions. He NEVER misses, never has, never will! It’s a good thing that we can put our trust in HIM and so realize that we are not victims of anything that happens on this fallen planet! So…as the Bible says, “Choose TODAY who you are going to serve!!!”
• Diverse population: Jeremiah 50: 37 makes an interesting statement. It seems to refer to a couple things that are a further description of America today. In the original King James version, verse 37 says this: “…a sword is upon their horses, and upon their chariots, and upon all the mingled people that are in the midst of her; and they shall become as women: a sword is upon her treasures; and they shall be robbed. A drought is upon her waters; and they shall be dried up…”
If there is a nation that has been built upon mingling of all the nations, tribes, and races of the world, it is America. Everyone has been welcomed to this wonderful nation. There is none like it. Yet, I believe there is another thing being said that shows something more sinister than the “mingling” of peoples that is bound to form a mingled population.
In the Amplified version, this is how it reads: “A sword upon their horses and upon their chariots and upon all the mixed foreign troops that are in the midst of her, that they may become as weak and defenseless as women! A sword upon her treasures, that they may be plundered!” What strikes me about this verse in the Amplified version is “the mixed foreign troops that are in the midst of her…” It has not been something that anyone wants to recognize or even think about, but there have been reports of foreign troops within the borders of the United States to the tune now of in the hundreds of thousands. There are also verified reports of many tens of thousands of troops in rough, quickly moved encampments less than an hour of our southern and northern borders that also number in the many tens of thousands of heavily armed troops. One might ask, “What is that all about?”, but it strikes a note of fear in most people that it is never asked.
How many of you remember the movie “Red Dawn”? The story line may have been a mini version of something that we are about to face in a very big way! Only God knows for sure. I do know that there is much going on within the borders of our United States of America that should never be allowed, but my purpose in this post is not to get into politics, and so I’ll back away in order to deal with the more important issue at hand.
• Has become arrogant: This is hardly a point that most would argue with. It is a problem that starts from the very top post in our nation, down to the numbskull at the local bar mouthing off everything he or she knows, which takes about 2 ½ minutes or so. Opinions are so easy to unload on others, but the wise man thinks through what he is going to say before he makes a fool out of himself. Jeremiah 50: 29 reads this way in the Amplified version of the Scriptures: “Call together many archers against Babylon, all those who bend the bow. Encamp against her round about; let none from there escape. Recompense her according to her deeds; just as she has done, do to her. For against the LORD, against the Holy One of Israel, has she been proudly defiant and presumptuous.”
In the Book of Proverbs it says that only a fool would say there is no God. In the Book of Romans, in the New Testament, is an appropriate passage to include here: “For God’s Holy wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative. For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God “Himself” has shown it to them. For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So (men) are without excuse (altogether without any defense or justification), because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give him thanks, but instead they became futile and godless in their thinking (with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations) and their senseless minds were darkened, claiming to be wise they became fools (professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves).” (Verses 18-22 Amplified)
A large percentage of our nation’s peoples have become arrogant. We think we have it all together. We take great pride in our education, our wealth, our status in the world, our scientific discoveries, our lavish lifestyle in comparison to most in the rest of the world, etc.
The pride and arrogance reflected in our religious façade is the worst of all. This is why Jesus Himself called the religiosity of this age sickening in God’s sight. Oh how we love our piety! We think it impresses God! We love for others to see our sad faces in church so that others notice how much we are “suffering” for the Name of Christ! We are suffering alright, but probably because of the boring sermon that has nothing whatsoever to offer resembling real spiritual life! Maybe it is because we feel so guilty because we lived a phony life all week and now we have to put on a spiritual front.
We also love our titles! We love all the letters stacked behind our names, indicating how much schooling we’ve had! The problem is, we think that indicates how deeply spiritual we are! REALLY! We love the recognition, and can’t hardly contain ourselves when we are called Dr. Do-little or whatever our name is! I’d better leave this subject alone for now…We really do prove ourselves to be fools though, and we don’t even recognize it! I’m not the one saying this. GOD is, so blame HIM! God looks for those that are humble enough to bend the knee before Him. He also honors those that will admit their failures and shortcomings when we’ve been wrong.
For some of us, it’s like pulling teeth out of a chicken to ever apologize to someone else, yet this is God’s way! Do you really care how you come across to other people? You’d better! We are all being weighed on the balances by other people and are either drawing them in God’s direction, or pushing them away. We can’t use the excuse that God has made us the way we are and others are just going to have to deal with it. How about this one: Others that had to endure a piece of my mind shouldn’t be so sensitive! They need to buck up! It’s their problem, not mine. REALLY? We’d probably better check how God feels about that. Well…that is all part of arrogance, and we have a nation full of it! It’s time to humble ourselves before God and honestly cry our eyes out if necessary, and truly REPENT!
• A land full of idols: We do have idols! Boy do we! We think of those little “gods” on the shelves of people raised under Buddhism or other Eastern cults. Their gods may be easier to deal with than our own! God commanded us all not to have ANY gods between Him and us. When is the last time you honestly took stock of your life’s priority list? We quickly say that God is #1, but is He really? Is He really? Is He really??? I’m not stuttering; I’m just trying to get the point across real well! There’s no sense lying to our selves, or to God for that matter. He knows it all anyway! We aren’t going to fool Him. God is a straight-shooter.
It’s time that we become totally straight and honest ourselves. Our eternity is at stake. If we’re honest, there are a hundred things that we allow between us and God. What is it in your life? You’ll have to answer it for yourself. Don’t try and answer it for someone else though. It’s not your job. Stay clear away from the temptation to “help” someone else along this line that you are sure needs your Godly help! For one person it may be TV; another one possibly just soap operas: another one could be addicted to sports; another one fishing.
I realize I’ve mostly covered male “gods”, but I’m sure you women are smart enough to fill the blanks in for yourselves! Yes?? I thought so. Seriously though, we have lost our fear of God. God never intended us to run from Him because of His power and majesty, but it is absolutely imperative for us to have a healthy AWE of Him. People make total fools of themselves with movie stars, sports figures, political leaders, and other famous figures. But who are they really? They are no different than us! Then there is God, who created everything that we see! He has the power to bring down a catastrophe like the flood of Noah, and yet on the other side of the coin, bless those that truly honor Him for who He is. His blessings cannot be matched by anyone, nor can we do without them! So…let’s change our way of thinking and how we walk out our Christian lives!
• Is called sometimes called “Daughter of Babylon”: I won’t spend much time on this point, but the term “Daughter of Babylon” is used more than once. In Jeremiah 50: 41-43 it says: “…Look! An army is coming…They are armed with bows and spears; they are cruel and without mercy. They sound like the roaring sea as they ride on their horses; they come like men in battle formation to attack you, O Daughter of Babylon. The king of Babylon has heard reports about them and his hands hang limp. Anguish has gripped him…”
The Babylonian system started way back in ancient times with the infamous Nimrod and his evil queen. I will go into the evils of what was started back in these ancient times with a post that is designed for that purpose. For those that don’t remember, Nimrod was the first world leader and was responsible for the building of the Tower of Babel. The occultish Babylonian religious system was begun at that time as well. This same Babylonian belief system and its rituals have carried through all these thousands of years and are still defiling the human race. This very system with all of its tentacles has spread all over the world, including a version that defiled what there was of true Christianity in Europe, including America’s “mother”, Great Britain. So, America can rightly be labeled “Daughter of Babylon”. As I said, there is much more explanation still to come. I also intend to expand what is going to happen to America, and how. I do however have one more point to make in identifying America as one form of Babylon in these latter days…
• In Isaiah 18: it says something rather interesting in verse 2. Here’s how it reads in the NIV from verse one on: “Woe to the land of whirring wings along the rivers of Cush, which sends envoys by sea in papyrus boats over the water. Go, swift messengers, to a people tall and smooth-skinned, to a people feared far and wide, an aggressive nation of strange speech, whose land is divided by rivers…”
Whether this really applies to tall and typically “shaven” (yours truly exempted of course), is for you to think about. I did find it to be a rather interesting comment to make at the time that Isaiah wrote this. American’s are considered a “tall” people, and because of the nature of much of American business, beards are not looked on all that favorably. I’ll leave it alone at this time.
Because of this post being extremely long, I will deal with how America is dealt with by God in the next post. There are quite a few details that have been left to us.
Let me remind you that I don’t expect anyone to blindly accept everything I’ve said. We all need to do our own research, but hopefully this has given you something to work with. There is a lot of material to look into here. Why is it important? Because we are the ones that are going to live through all that is about to come to pass; in fact, much of it has already started.
1 thought on “Oh America, America Part 2”
Well it sure looks like we are indeed Babylon! Mercy! You really have a way with words! I’d say very nice but NO this is rather sobering but you know, I can see it. I have heard of these troops along the southern border but figured our great military would never let that happen or our leader would never let that happen but now I see how it could happen! I’m speechless and tired! But nonetheless, thanks for this. You have given me a lot to think about.